Call for Volunteers
Volunteers are always required to help with a wide variety of duties/tasks to acheive the objectives of the Association; these include:
To assist us in monitoring water quality and environmental issues in the watershed, we need volunteers to act as "Watershed Delegates" for various areas of Blue Sea Lake and for other lakes within the watershed as a whole. Within the designated area/lake, these delegates would:
- survey the waterway on a regular basis and report any environmental issues/concerns (eg: blue-green algae blooms) to the applicable municipal, regional, and/or provincial authority;
- as required, participate in the RSVL program by performing transparency tests, taking water samples, and executing/coordinating other water quality related protocols if/when feasible;
- serve as the Association's contact point for residents/members;
- represent and promote the Association and help with the execution of its programs.
During the absence of our webmaster and in support of the latter for day to day operations, we need someone with the applicable interest, skills and availability to take on - in whole or in part - the responsibilities of design, development and maintenance of the Association's website. More specifically, his duties would include:
- website and component architecture definition,
- content development and updating in accordance with technical specifications,
- graphics design and page-setting of additions to the site,
- sustaining and improvement of website ergonomics,
- management of databases and text and image files,
- development and page-setting of the Association's newsletter,
- management and follow-up of emails received,
- grammatical and spelling correction,
- as required, presence at the Board of Director's meetings.
Our Association is a bilingual organization. We strive to provide as much of our documentation, communication etc... as possible in both English and French. This involves a significant amount of translation. Volunteers are needed to translate documents either from French to English or from English to French.
General Administrative Support
Throughout the year, the Board of Directors needs assistance with various types of administrative projects such as the mail out of membership forms and newsletters; assisting with preparations for the Annual General Meeting etc...
Rest assured that anyone volunteering will receive the required training and support.
We really hope to hear from you.